The seminar is a half-day program designed to focus on the culture, values, governance and strategy of the University.
You will discover the support available to assist you in performing your new role. You will also be introduced to the University's vision for our future and you will gain an understanding of the importance of your role in our overall strategy.
The program includes:
- Welcome by a senior academic, senior professional staff member and a student
- Introduction to leadership at the University
- Discussion of some of the challenges facing the higher education sector
- Review of the University's strategic plan, values and culture
- Overview of development opportunities for new starters
The Orientation seminar will be held from 9.00am until 1.00pm.
An Information fair will follow from 1.00pm until 1.45pm, then at 2pm participants have the option of joining a Heritage tour of the campus, focusing on the Main Quadrangle.
All new staff at the University of Sydney. This includes academic, professional and casual staff as well as contractors, visiting scholars and honorary academics.
The seminar is facilitated by Learning Solutions. It features a panel of inspiring University staff and students as guest speakers and offers an opportunity to hear them share their perspectives on the University's direction and strategy.
9.00am - 1.00pm: Seminar
1.00pm - 1.45pm: Information fair
1.45pm - 3.00pm: Heritage tour
For more information or to enrol via CareerPath, click here.