Success at work depends significantly on your ability to manage conflict effectively. Discover how to manage differences of opinion positively and professionally. Learn to recognise the early signs that conflict is developing. Find out how to bring up an issue without inflaming a situation. Learn how to lead a productive discussion using win/win negotiation. Then get practical experience using a range of conflict resolution tools such as conflict maps, option generators and "yes and thinking" language strategies.
Reviewers and Reviewees will sometimes find themselves in conflict over the PM&D process. The skills covered by this workshop, while not focussing on PM&D, will assist participants to understand and manage those situations effectively.
At the end of the program participants will be able to:
- Recognise the stages of conflict
- Assess the effectiveness of your current approach to conflict
- Apply the key principles of the Harvard negotiation process when managing workplace conflict
- Map conflicts in order to uncover needs and concerns
- Use an option generator to develop positive solutions to problems
- Handle unwillingness to resolve issues during negotiations
This course is aimed at staff in supervisory and/or managerial roles. Further the course targets staff with responsibility for groups in conflict.
If you need to build skills in dealing with one-on-one 'difficult interactions' then the course Communicating assertively in the workplace will be a better option.
Please speak with Learning Solutions if you would like further information.
9.00am - 4.30pm
Ground floor, Bligh Building (L03B)
Sydney University Village
90 Carillon Avenue, Newtown
- 17 September 2010 - COMPLETED