Fisher Library is the largest of the 11 libraries in the University of Sydney Library system. The current Fisher Library was opened in 1963 when the University had 14 000 students; now we have around 50 000. It receives more than 1.3 million visits every year.
Government and University funding has provided an exciting opportunity to upgrade Fisher Library to 21st Century standards; creating an excellent modern facility to support world-class research.
- 10 Sep: Collection move to Fisher South Level 5 [Find out more]10 September 2013
- 06 Sep: Fisher South Level 5 now open [Find out more]06 September 2013
- 22 Aug: Fisher Library collection moves taking place to prepare for refurbishment work [Find out more]22 August 2013
- 21 Aug: Library’s East Asian Collection moves to final location on Level 9 Fisher South [Find out more]21 August 2013
- 19 Jul: Fisher South renewal update [Find out more]19 July 2013
- 12 Jun: Fisher South refurbishment in progress [Find out more]12 June 2013
- Stage 3 of the Fisher refurbishment project is due to commence on the 27th May [Find out more]21 May 2013
- Fisher Library Level 3 South now open [Find out more] 23 October 2012
- 12 Oct: [Find out more] 12 October 2012