Services for University of Sydney Alumni
Library membership and borrowing information
University of Sydney alumni are eligible, for a small annual fee, to borrow from the University of Sydney Library. Students completing their studies in Semester 2 2008, and all future graduates, are entitled to 12 months of Alumni Library membership at no cost.
Your Library card entitles you to:
- Borrow from any University of Sydney Library.
- Borrow items for 8 weeks from most collections.
- Borrow as many items as you need. There is no limit on the number of concurrent loans.
- Renew your loans, provided the item has not been recalled from loan.
You are blocked from borrowing when your fines reach $25.00. You can keep track of your loans, and pay fines via MyLoans.
To obtain a borrower's card you will need to:
- Provide proof of graduation i.e. academic transcript or graduation papers.
- Provide suitable identification, such as a driver's licence.
- Pay a fee of $80 (GST inclusive) for 12 months membership.
- Fill out and submit a borrower card application form.
How to apply for a borrower's card
Full instructions on how to apply for a borrower's card, required documentation and how to obtain the card can be found on the University Card Centre website