Course materials for academics
This is a service the library provides in which essential course material is placed into the 2 Hour loan collection or an electronic copy linked through the catalogue.
This ensures students will always have access to their course readings throughout the unit of study.
Course Material Request form
What items can be made available in the library?
- Journal articles*
- Book chapters*
- Web sites
- Books from our collection
- Journal articles not held by University of Sydney*
- Private copies of texts
*: Availability is subject to legal copyright compliance.
Can I order new material?
- We can order new material and multiple copies of items depending on the number of students enrolled in a Unit of Study. We will order 1 copy per 30 students to a maximum of 5 copies. Contact your Faculty Liaison Librarian for further information .
- To order new items, please use the course material order form
Ordering material may take several weeks depending on location and publisher stocks.
What information do you need to provide?
- Full citation details for each book or journal article
- Name and code of the Unit of Study
- Number of students enrolled
- Name and contact details for the course coordinator and/or the lecturer
Where do I send my lists?
- Hard copy lists:
- Send hard copies of your list to the appropriate Faculty Liaison Librarian.
- Electronic lists:
When should I send my lists?
As early as you can, prior to semester starting. This will help ensure that the items on your list are ready for your students at the beginning of semester.