SciFinder Web Version
Individual Registration is required for the web version of SciFinder. SciFinder's web-based user registration form allows you to create your own SciFinder username and password. After the form is complete, CAS sends an e-mail with instructions for completing the registration process. The registration process requires your university e-mail.
Please register one time only. If you forget your registration details please use the Forgotten username or password link on the SciFinder login screen.
- Register for SciFinder web access
- Click next
- Enter your contact information. Your email address must be from the University of Sydney.
- Specify username and password.
- Select a security question from the drop-down list and provide the answer
- Click register
- A message indicates that you will receive an e-mail from CAS. Check your e-mail to complete the registration
Privacy of Registration Information
Customer privacy and data security are primary concerns to CAS. No personal information collected during product registration, such as name, address, and phone number, will be given or sold to any outside organization for its use in marketing or soliciting without customer consent. Likewise, the information will not be shared with agents or contractors of CAS for the purposes of performing services or providing support for CAS.
You can get a product overview and access requirements, as well as training support on the CAS web site.
Terms and Conditions of Use
- I will not share my username and password with any other person.
- I will search only for myself and not for others or other organizations.
- I will not use any automated program or script for extracting or downloading CAS data, or any other systematic retrieval of data.
- I may retain a maximum of 5,000 Records at any given time for personal use or to share within a Project team for the duration of the Project.
- My organization's SciFinder License and the CAS Information Use Policies apply to my use of SciFinder.
- I will contact my SciFinder Key Contact if I have questions.
For more information please contact your Academic Liaison Librarian