Troubleshooting with Lexis
If Lexis won't open without a password when it should, the publisher advises that you check the following possibilities:
- Cookies might be causing trouble.
Follow these steps to change your privacy settings in IE6 if you are experiencing problems gaining access to LexisNexis:
1. Start IE6
2. Go to the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
3. Click on the Privacy tab
At this point there are two options from which to choose. Your choice will depend on whether you wish to change your cookie settings for all sites (Option A) or just Lexis (Option B). Option A - change cookie settings for all sites 4. Move the Slider down to the lowest level: Accept All Cookies
5. Press OK
6. Close all IE6 browser sessions
7. Open IE6 and access Lexis from our 'Law Databases' webpage
Option B - change cookie settings for Lexis only
4. In the Web Sites section of the window click on the Edit button
5. In the 'Address of Web site' field type: lexis-nexis.com
6. Click the Allow button - you should see lexis-nexis.com added to the Managed Web sites field with Always Allow as the setting
>7. Repeat steps 5 & 6 for the following addresses :
8. Press OK
9. Press OK
10. Close all IE6 browser sessions
11. Open IE6 and access Lexis from our 'Law Databases' webpage
- You may be attempting to access Lexis by bookmarking it
Always link to Lexis through the link on our Law Databases page
- Maybe you clicked on 'Open Lexis with password' instead of 'Open Database'