Library and research information guide for postgraduate students, academic staff and researchers in the medical sciences
|This guide is designed to assist you to make the best use of library services and resources available to support your coursework and/or research
- Library Cards
- Library Card Application - Honorary staff and University title holders
- Off-Campus Access to e-resources - databases, e-journals, e-books
- Location and other information about libraries:
- Search the Library catalogue to find books, journals, e-texts, e-journals, eReadings
- Search databases to access the scholarly literature to find citations/articles on your topic.
- Search the Internet and Subject Guides for additional information.
|Research and Information Skills
- Endnote and Database classes for the Faculties of Dentistry, Health Sciences, Medicine, Nursing, and Pharmacy
- Online research and information skills - podcasts, videos and interactive learning tools
Research information & Links
- Thesis Information
- Electronic resources alerting services to keep up to date
- Subscribe to Medlib blog's RSS Feeds to keep informed about new resources
- Use EndNote to effectively manage your references
- Citation and Style Guides
- Top Ten Library Tools for Researchers
- Writing/Referencing/Publishing links
- Information about borrowing, renewals, requests, recalls, fines
- Use the Document Delivery Service to obtain articles and books not available in the University of Sydney Library.
- Staff and students located at teaching hospitals or remote locations can use the Document Delivery Service to obtain articles and books held by the University Library which are not available in an electronic format. For more information go to:
- Information for staff and students at teaching hospitals
- Information for distance postgraduate students
- Have a question? Need more in-depth help with research on your topic?
- Contact your Faculty Liaison Librarian by phone or email or use the Ask A Librarian service to ask a question or arrange a one-to-one research appointment or small group training session.