How to use University of Sydney Library services to obtain articles and books
Staff and students at University of Sydney teaching hospitals
Staff and students at University of Sydney teaching hospitals (Concord, Nepean, RNSH, RPAH, Westmead & Westmead Children's Hospitals) and hopitals associated with the School of Rural Health (Bathurst, Dubbo, Orange) and Departments of Rural Health (Broken Hill & Lismore) can use the Document Delivery Service to request books or journals in print format to be sent to them, whether the title is held at the University of Sydney Library or not.
Register for Inter-Library Loans/Document Delivery.
- Before requesting articles and books you will need to Register online at MyLoans
- To register for Document Delivery, click button: "Register"
- Choose the Medical Library as your home library.
Ordering articles and books
- Please use your local hospital library and check their catalogue before requesting items from the University Library.
- Check the Library Catalogue to find out which books and journals are available in the University of Sydney Library system.
- If the item is not available online, Login to MyLoans and then click on the link "Request items".
- Request your item using the appropriate request form.
Important: To assist library staff in the processing of your request please indicate your off campus location in the "Other information" field of the request form.
Obtaining articles and books
- Whenever possible we use web delivery, via an email link, to supply articles.
- Articles acquired in paper format will be mailed to your Departmental address at the teaching hospital.
- Books obtained from other libraries for you are issued to your Library card and sent to the teaching hospital library for you to collect. Please allow 2 days for delivery before collecting. It is important to note that items on loan are subject to recall. Recalled loans must be returned within 7 days (or by the original due date if it is sooner). An email notice will inform you of the new due date. Use MyLoans to see if an item has been recalled, to check the due date, or to cancel unwanted requests.
- These books must be returned to a Library in the University of Sydney Library system, either in person or by registered mail.
- PLEASE DO NOT return University of Sydney books to hospital libraries.