University of Sydney staff and students can download EndNote (for PC & Mac) from both the Student IT and Ask Sydney - ICT website.
For system requirements and compatibilities for the Windows and Macintosh versions of the software please see the EndNote Requirements and Compatibilities site.
Library supported training notes, styles and filters and tutorials are in the EndNote subject guide. Additional support materials are on the EndNote website.
Sharing Endnote Library attachments with others
Due to the variety of copyright and licensing restrictions that can apply to the redistribution of published material, it can be difficult to determine whether or not each individual attachment in an EndNote Library can be shared with others. For this reason the Library advises that the safest course of action for you is to not share or distribute EndNote Libraries containing attachments with someone from another institution which does not subscribe to the same databases.
You can still share your EndNote Libraries without attachments with collaborators outside the University (see instructions below). If you need further assistance please contact your Academic Liaison Librarian.
How to save an EndNote Library without attachments
- Open your EndNote Library
- Click on 'File' then choose 'Compressed Library'
- When the 'Compressed Library' window opens choose the 'Without File Attachments' option along with any other settings you wish
- Save the compressed version of the library to your chosen drive
- If you need to send the compressed EndNote Library via e-mail, attach it as you would any other file.
If you are upgrading from a previous version of EndNote, it is advisable to back up your libraries, any modified output styles and uninstall the old version of EndNote before installing the new version.