Finding a thesis at the University of Sydney
- Print copies of all University of Sydney Ph.D. and Masters (Research) theses are held in the Rare Books and Special Collections Library, located on Level 1, Fisher Library, Camperdown Campus, University of Sydney.
These theses cannot be borrowed but may be read in Fisher Library.
To view a thesis:
- visit Rare Books and Special Collections Library, Mon - Fri, 9 am to 5 pm or phone us +61 2 935 12992
- fill in this after hours request form to view after 5 pm weekdays or at weekends
- Conservatorium, Health Sciences, Nursing and Sydney College of the Arts libraries also hold copies of theses - ask Library staff for details or check the Library catalogue.
- Theses from other Universities are kept on the shelves in our libraries - check the Library catalogue. You can borrow these.
Purchasing a University of Sydney Thesis
We accept requests from all Libraries and private researchers within Australia and internationally for copies of whole theses. All requests for copies of material held at the University of Sydney Library must comply with the Copyright Act of 1968.
Price: AUD $165.00 (incl. GST) within Australia; AUD $150.00 for other countries. Prepayment is required with the order form. Please allow 3 – 4 weeks delivery time.
Order forms to request a thesis:
- Purchase a University of Sydney Thesis if you are an individual or a library requesting on behalf of an individual
- Purchase a University of Sydney Thesis if you are a Library requesting a copy to be included into your collection
Requesting a thesis from elsewhere
- If you are entitled to use the Document Delivery Service you can request a thesis not held by us by contacting the Document Delivery staff at your library.
- Don't forget to check if a thesis is available online in full-text. Use the databases on the Finding a thesis page.