Infectious Disease and Biosecurity related links
Global ID health alerts
- HealthMap Global Disease Alerts | HealthMap, a team of researchers, epidemiologists and software developers at Boston Children's Hospital founded in 2006, is an established global leader in utilizing online informal sources for disease outbreak monitoring and real-time surveillance of emerging public health threats.
- The UK Clinical Virology Network | The primary aim of the Network is to provide a modern and comprehensive virology service, with equality of service provision across the UK.
- Australian Wildlife Health Network | The AWHN’s mission is to promote and facilitate collaborative links in the investigation and management of wildlife health in support of human and animal health, biodiversity and trade - To subscribe to this network please email email@example.com
- Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP) | CIDRAP works to prevent illness and death from targeted infectious disease threats through research and the translation of scientific information into real-world, practical applications, policies, and solutions.
- European Network for Tropical Medicine and Travel Health | The main task of TropNet is the provision of a platform for collaborative research and surveillance of travel-related infectious and non-infectious diseases for evidence based recommendations and policy development embedded in teaching & training in Tropical and Travel Medicine in Europe.
- National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System | This application generates summary data for notifications of communicable diseases reported to Australia's National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System (NNDSS).
- PROmed -International Society for Infectious Diseases - includes global, regional, national and biodefense links
- Sydney Environment Institute | The Sydney Environment Institute (SEI) at the University of Sydney aims to address the key questions of our time: how do we understand and redesign the fundamental relationship between human communities and the natural world that supports them; and how can people and societies adapt positively to environmental change?
- WHO Disease Outbreak News | The Global Outbreak Alert and Response Network (GOARN) is a technical collaboration of existing institutions and networks who pool human and technical resources for the rapid identification, confirmation and response to outbreaks of international importance.
Newsletters and Journals
- Public Health Action (PHA) - International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease | Publishes high-quality scientific research that provides new knowledge to improve access, equity, quality and efficiency of health systems and services
- Animal Health Surveillance Quarterly Report | The Animal Health Surveillance Quarterly provides a topical summary of animal health matters - To subscribe to this report please email AHSQ@animalhealthaustralia.com.au
- CDC - Emerging Infectious Disease Journal | Emerging Infectious Diseases is a peer reviewed, open access journal published monthly by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - To subscribe to this journal please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communicable Diseases Intelligence - NSW Health - Quarterly Report | The aim of this report is to disseminate information on the epidemiology of communicable disease in Australia, including surveillance, prevention and control. - Available to download at the CDI website
- Eurosurveillance | Eurosurveillance is a European peer-reviewed scientific journal devoted to the epidemiology, surveillance, prevention and control of communicable diseases, with a focus on such topics that are of relevance to Europe - You can subscribe to this journal online
- Australasian Tuberculosis Forum | The Australasian Tuberculosis Forum (ATF) was launched in 2013 as “an opportunity to facilitate greater connection between and recognition for the broad range of policy makers, clinicians, patients, scientists and public health workers working for tuberculosis control and elimination in our region”. You can subscribe to their newsletter online