Round 1 2015
Applications for 2015 are now closed. Results will be advised shortly.
Applications will be accepted for node-related projects for up to $20,000.
The current round of MBI seed funding offer specific support to projects aligned with the newly established MBI Research Project nodes. Research project nodes support dynamic multidisciplinary academic communities focussed on thematic areas of importance and strength.
Recognised MBI research project nodes
- Antimicrobial Resistance - Node leader
- CNS Infection and Inflammation - Node leader
- Politics and Ethics of Infection - Node leader
- Integrated Primary Health Care - Node leader
- Food Security - Node leader
Seed funding grants aim to support new projects that will produce peer reviewed publications or preliminary data necessary to submit a competitive project grant application. The ability to produce tangible outcomes, develop multidisciplinary links, leverage additional funds and contribute towards a future competitive funding proposal will be the key criteria considered.
Please note the following key criteria. Applications for MBI Seed Funding should:
- Further the aims/goals of a specific Research Project Node
- Envisage competitive grant applications via the ARC, NHMRC or other funding agencies
- Applications should be endorsed by the relevant node leadership
- Funding can be used for purposes related to:
- Initiating a new project
- Collecting pilot data or analysing available metadata
- Building multidisciplinary networks and collaborations (including meeting costs, brainstorming sessions, etc.)