Office of Research and Research Training
The Office of Research and Research Training (ORRT) supports Sydney Medical School in translating research into better health outcomes, developing world class researchers and providing research training to create the next generation of research scientists.
The ORRT advises the Dean on research matters and is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to enhance the Medical School's capacity in health and medical research.
The ORRT also provides advice and administrative support to researchers.
The tenets of the Medical School research strategy are:
- to support research-led teaching in all Schools
- to support core facilities and expand their service across the Medical School
- to strengthen links with research institutes
- to continuously review mechanisms to maintain support for viable and productive research groups
- to ensure mentoring and networking for ECRs, new appointees and isolated academics
- to benchmark Sydney Medical School’s research performance so as to guide future strategies
- to focus research support on PGR students, ECRs, postdocs and new staff
- to invest in attracting and retaining postgraduate students and encouraging clinicians to undertake postgraduate research
- to identify core competencies in research training and ensure all students achieve these competencies
For more information, visit Research at Sydney Medical School