SYDNEY MEDICAL SCHOOL AWARDS 2013
Nominations are now open for the 2013 Alumni Awards. Please read the submission guidelines for the awards and medals so that you can provide the required details and supporting documentation. Applications that provide all documentation are more likely to be successful. (Please note online nominations may not be saved and returned to at a later date)
The University of Sydney Alumni Awards recognise the following categories:
Alumni Award for Community Achievement
Recognises the personal contributions that alumni have made to the enrichment of Australian Society through their community service.
Alumni Award for International Achievement
Recognises the personal contributions that alumni who reside overseas have made to the enrichment of international society through their community or professional service.
Alumni Award for Professional Achievement
Recognises outstanding achievements of alumni in their professional field.
Young Alumni Award for Achievement
Recognises outstanding achievements made by alumni aged 30 and younger to the University, local, Australian or international communities.
Graduates and postgraduates have made the most extraordinary contributions to the University, to their local communities and on the international stage. The Medical Alumni Association would like to acknowledge these remarkable achievements by introducing Sydney Medical School awards in these categories. The medical alumni awards will complement those awards already established by the University. All medical alumni award recipients will be entered into the nomination process for the University of Sydney Alumni Awards.
Who is eligible for nomination?
Graduates and Postgraduates of the Sydney Medical School
Who can nominate?
- Alumni of Sydney Medical School
- An academic staff member of the University of Sydney
Which awards will be presented?
Awards will be presented in those categories recognised by the University of Sydney Alumni Awards
What are the criteria for selection?
The following criteria will be taken into consideration by the selection committee:
- The impact of the contribution on the community at large
- The challenge of the work done
- The leadership roles undertaken by the nominee
- The commitment by the nominee to serving the community, to teaching, to research
What information is required to accompany a nomination?
- A brief (less than 500 words) outline of the contributions and achievements which makes the nominee worthy of an award, with specific reference to the category of the nomination
- Curriculum vitae (2 page limit)
- List of community service contributions
- List of activities of the nominee beyond their area of medical practice
- Documentary evidence of the nominee’s achievements
- The names of 2 referees who would be willing to consult with the panel members
Aside from the announcement of award winners all information will remain confidential.
Who is on the selection committee?
The selection committee will comprise of the Dean (or representative); the Chairman of the Medical Alumni Association (or representative); one further member of the Medical Alumni Association; coordinated by the Sydney Medical School Alumni office.
When are the awards presented?
The awards will be presented at the annual Sydney Medical School Dinner held in the first quarter of the academic year.
Closing date for nominations: 5pm Friday 29 March 2013
Please send nominations marked “IN CONFIDENCE” to:
MEDICAL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Sydney Medical School
Edward Ford Building, A27
THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY | NSW | 2006
E (scanned documents only)
Subject heading: Alumni Award Nomination