Gown and glove policy
For all students & staff using the gross Anatomy Tutorial or Dissection laboratories:
- Students that require gowns & gloves are STRONGLY recommended to have vaccinations - See Unihealth.
- View The Gown & Glove demonstration video (MP4 - 35MB)
- A protective gown or lab coat MUST be worn
- Latex or vinyl examination gloves MUST be worn when examining wet specimens
- Gloves MUST be disposed of in the designated receptacles
- NO photography is allowed in the laboratories
- Mobile phones should NOT be used during classes
- CLOSED footwear is mandatory for the Macintosh Dissecting room and in all Anatomy & Histology teaching laboratories. Sandals & footwear with exposed skin are NOT allowed.
- For safety reasons, failure to comply will result in expulsion from the room
Purchasing Gowns and Gloves
Gowns and gloves are available from:
Wentworth Campus Store
Level 3, Wentworth Building
8.00am - 6.30pm Mon to Fri.during Semester
8.30am - 5pm outside of Semester.
PH (02) 9563 6014
This policy is authorised by the head of the Discipline of Anatomy and Histology in conjunction with the OH&S Injury Management office, University of Sydney.
Author: Safety Officer & OHSIM