- Fioretti, B., Catacuzzeno, L., Sforna, L., Gerke-Duncan, M.B., van den Maagdenberg, A.M.J.M., Franciolini, F., Connor, M. and Pietrobon, D. (2011) Trigeminal ganglion neuron subtype-specific alterations of CaV2.1 calcium current and excitability in a Cacna1a mouse model of migraine. Journal of Physiology. 589 (23) 5879-5895.
- Bagley, E.E., Gerke, M.B., Vaughan, C.W., Hack, S.P. and Christie, M.J. (2005) GAT-1 transporter currents activated by protein kinase A excite midbrain neurons during opioid withdrawal. Neuron. 45: 433-445.
- Thornton, P.J., Gerke, M.B. and Plenderleith, M.B. (2005) Histochemical localisation of a galactose-containing glycoconjugate expressed by sensory neurones innervating different peripheral tissues. Journal of the Peripheral Nervous System. 10: 47-57.
- Gerke, M.B. and Plenderleith, M.B. (2004) Ultrastructural analysis of the central terminals of primary sensory neurones labelled by transganglionic transport of Bandeiraea simplicifolia I-isolectin B4. Neuroscience. 127: 165-175.
- Gerke, M.B. and Plenderleith, M.B. (2004) Analysis of the unmyelinated primary sensory neurone projection through the dorsal columns of the rat spinal cord using transganglionic transport of Bandeiraea simplicifolia I-isolectin B4. Journal of the Neurological Sciences. 22: 69-77.
- Gerke, M.B., Xu, L., Duggan, A.W. and Siddall, P.J. (2003) Thalamic neuronal activity in rats with mechanical allodynia following contusive spinal cord injury. Neuroscience, 117: 715-722.
- Gerke, M.B. and Plenderleith, M.B. (2002). Distribution of binding sites for the plant lectin Ulex europaeus agglutinin I on primary sensory neurones in seven different mammalian species. The Histochemical Journal. 34: 79-84.
- Gerke, M.B. and Plenderleith, M.B. (2002) Analysis of the distribution of binding sites for the plant lectin Bandeiraea simplicifolia I-isolectin B4 on primary sensory neurones in seven mammalian species. The Anatomical Record, 268: 105-114.
- Gerke, M.B. and Plenderleith, M.B. (2001) Binding sites for the plant lectin Bandeiraea simplicifolia I-isolectin B4 are expressed by nociceptive primary sensory neurones. Brain Research, 911: 101-104.