Bosch Research Computing & Engineering Facility
As the newest multi-user facility to be offered by the Bosch Institute, the Research Computing & Engineering Facility provides access to computing hardware and specialist software, as well as expert training and technical support, which will help researchers implement the hardware and software elements of their experimental work.
- Facilitate the implementation of computer hardware, software programs and electronic devices in medical and scientific research
- Provide training to scientists in computer-based research techniques
- Establish, maintain and develop the infrastructure of the Research Computing Facility
- Act as a liaison with Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
- System recommendations to facilitate the purchase of new research computer equipment
- Trouble-shooting advice for research systems running Windows, MacOS, Linux, etc.
- Support and training for software using in research, including:
- Chart/Scope (ADInstruments)
- ImageJ (NIH)
- Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Prism (GraphPad)
- Administrative and technical support for using the Research Data Store
- Support for legacy systems and storage media
- Programming of custom software, including macros for Excel and ImageJ
- Custom hardware development (e.g. specialised stimulator units, remote environmental monitoring/alarm units, etc.)
- 3D printing using a Thing-O-Matic (MakerBot Industries)
This workshop is currently under development with the Advanced Microscopy Facility (and will be delivered jointly).
Data Analysis in Prism Workshop
This workshop is currently under development within the Research Computing Facility.
F13 - Anderson Stuart
The University of Sydney
NSW 2006 Australia
Please refer to the campus map for directions.