Molecular Biology Facility
The Molecular Biology Facility (MBF) consists of five laboratories in the Anderson Stuart and Blackburn buildings. The Bosch Anderson Stuart PC2 Facility was officially open in September, 2011. The Bosch Blackburn PC2 facility was officially open in April, 2008 to service the needs of Institute staff located in the Blackburn / Bosch / Prince Alfred triangle. The Blackburn laboratory was developed as a joint venture with the Discipline of Surgery in the Central Clinical School.
Locations of Bosch MBF Laboratories
- Anderson Stuart Building (F13): Room N232, W312, N452, N132-N138 (PC2 Facility)
- Blackburn Building (D06): Room 319-325 (PC2 Facility)
MBF registration and training
All users of the Bosch Institute molecular biology facility must be trained in the use of each piece of equipment they wish to use and they also need to fill out a form so that a record of registered users can be maintained. Please contact the Molecular Biology Officer (below) if you wish to be trained in the use of a piece of equipment and to become a registered user. Please click here (pdf) or here (Word document) to download the Molecular Biology Facility registration form.
We run several molecular biology workshops, e.g. Western Blotting workshop and RT-qPCR workshop, and group training programs in a regular basis throughout the year. Please contact the Molecular Biology Officer for more details.
We provide contract services on live cell analysis using Seahorse Analyzers, IncuCyte ZOOM, xCelligence SP & DP systems, Guava easyCyte flow cytometer and Cytation 3 cell imaging system, nucleic acid analysis including DNA & RNA purification, Qubit assays, Bioanalyzer Nano RNA, Pico RNA and microRNA assays, single cell preparation using Fluidigm C1 system, PCR, qPCR, OpenArrays, QX200 Droplet digital PCR, Pyrosequencing, Peggy Size-based or Charge-based Western assays, Luminex assays, microplate assays, biomolecular interactions using Biacore T200, and drug screening etc. Please contact the Molecular Biology Officer for more details.
Below is a list of the facility's equipment and key resources organised by category:
- Live Cell Analysis
- Nucleic acid analysis
- Data Analysis Software
- Protein purification
- Protein analysis
- Microplate and EliSpot readers
- Digital imaging
- Tissue Culture
- Luminex 200 systems (funded by the Clive & Vera Ramaciotti Foundations and Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia) (User manual) - online booking
- NanoSight LM10-HSBFT 14 Nanoparticle Characterisation system (funded by the Clive & Vera Ramaciotti Foundations)
- Sievers Nitric Oxide Analyzer NOA 280i (Room 542, Blackburn Building) (Operation & Maintenance Manual) (Measurement of Nitric Oxide) Online Booking
- Reflotron Plus System (Room N452, Anderson Stuart) Reflotron User Manual Reflotron Training Manual Reflotron Test Menu Online Booking
- General equipment
Molecular Biology Officer
Dr. Donna Lai, PhD Molecular Biology Officer
Dr. Sheng Hua, PhD Molecular Biology Technical Officer
Room N232, Anderson Stuart Building, F13
Room 318B, Blackburn Building, D06
Ph: 61 2 9351 8787 (AS), 61 2 9351 4576 (BB)
Fax:61 2 9114 0520 (BB)
Mobile: 0403 151 568 (Donna), 0405 382 568 (Sheng)