PolarStar Galaxy Plate Reader
- Multifunctional microplate reader - absorbance, fluorescence, fluorescence polarisation and luminescence.
- Reads a variety of microplate formats - from 6 to 1536 wells
- Top and bottom optics
- Able to perform injection and incubation
- All users must be trained in the use of the machine prior to use.
- This machine is located in the Mason Lab (Room N445). You will need to see a member of the Mason Lab or the Molecular Biology Officer for access to the machine. There is online booking system for the machine.
- Use only the filters that are installed in the machine. You will need to see the Molecular Biology Officer if you need to have the filters changed.
- There are separate optics for absorbance, fluorescence and luminescence. Once you have been shown how, you can change these yourself.
- Allow the machine to warm up for 15 minutes prior to use.
- Login to the FLUOstar Galaxy software as User
- Make sure the system is set to the correct reading mode. Setup>Reader>Configuration
- Data is output as an Excel read only file. If you would like to take a copy of the data, copy and paste it to a new Excel file and email it to yourself. You can also take the file on a USB storage device.