Roche LightCycler 480 Real-Time PCR Machine
- A fully integrated multiwell-plate based real-time PCR machine
- Flexibly switch between 96- or 384-well plate formats. Recalibration is not required after block exchange.
- Excitation filters: 440nm, 465nm, 498nm, 533nm and 618nm. Emission filters: 488nm, 510nm, 580nm, 610nm, 640nm and 660nm. You may visit Roche website (external website) for more details.
- Support all current Real-Time PCR formats and applications (gene expression, SNP analysis, haplotyping, mutation scanning)
- LightCycler 480 Software (Version 1.5) enables different analysis capabilities for product characterisation (SYBR Green I assays, Tm calling), gene quantification (absolute and relative), and genotyping (end-point or melting curve-based methods)
- The LightCycler® 480 Multiple Plate Analysis Software allows you to perform large-scale analyses by easily comparing and visualizing PCR data from multiple instrument runs.
- High Resolution Melting Analysis for screening genetic variations (SNPs, mutations, methylations) in PCR amplicons.
- Reaction volumes: 10-100ul for 96-well format and 5-20ul for 384-well format
- Multiwell plates with cut-away corner for error-free positioning and applied bar code for easy assay and sample tracking
- Please book the machine before use via online booking system (external website).
- Users are responsible for supplying all their own plastic ware and reagents.
- Save files in your own folder in the "LightCycer480 Run File" folder in the local disk (C:). No internet access is available in this computer.
- Use hot-start qPCR master mixes to improve the specificity, sensitivity, and yield of qPCR.
- To achieve optimal assay performance, only use LightCycler 480 Multiwell Plates (white or clear 96-well or 384-well formats are available). You may order it at a discount price through the Bosch Molecular Biology Facility.
- If you would like to learn more about the real-time PCR experimental design and data analysis, please contact Dr. Donna Lai, the Molecular Biology Officer. Bioanalyzer, Real-time RT-PCR workshops are conducted occasionally during the year. Please contact Dr. Donna Lai for details.