Applying for Honours
All students must apply to be admitted to an Honours year.
Not currently studying at Sydney Uni?
Undergraduate students at other universities may well be able to carry out their Honours year at the University of Sydney, which has by far the largest range of biomedical research project possibilities within New South Wales. Sydney is the highest ranked University in New South Wales for "Biomedicine" (Times Higher Education Supplement, UK), reflecting the excellence of its researchers and the resources available.
All local internal (currently enrolled) and external students
Students applying for Honours will need to use the resources on this page to follow these steps:
- Download and read the Honours Application Information (PDF) and Honours Application Form (PDF).
- Contact the relevant Discipline using the Honours Coordinator contact details below.
- Choose a potential supervisor within the Discipline.
- Arrange for the Discipline Honours Coordinator to sign your Honours application form or attach an acknowledgement from the Discipline that you have notified them of your intention to study there.
- If you are applying for Honours in more than one area then list your areas in order of preference on the application form. You will need to repeat steps 2, 3 & 4 for each area you are applying to.
- Submit the completed application form to the Faculty of Science Office by the due date.
Note: Some Disciplines may have their own separate application forms available on the Discipline sites. These must be completed and submitted directly to the Discipline. This is not a substitute for applying to the Faculty of Science Office and applicants to these Disciplines must also submit an application to the Faculty of Science Office as described on this page.
Internal (currently enrolled) international students
- Will need to complete the steps above and ALSO submit an International Undergraduate Student Application Form to the International Office for visa processing.
External international students
- If possible, students need to contact the relevant Discipline Honours Coordinator before applying through the International Office.
- The students will need to provide evidence of establishing an academic contact/supervisor with their application form.
- Students need to complete an International Undergraduate Student Application Form (linked from Applying for entry - international undergraduate students) and lodge this at the International Office.
Anatomy & Histology - Associate Professor Frank Lovicu
T: +61 2 9351 5170
F: +61 2 9351 2813
Pathology - Associate Professor Brett Hambly
T: +61 2 9351 3059
F: +61 2 9351 3429
Pharmacology - Dr Jasmine Henderson
T: +61 2 9036 9408
F: +61 2 9351 3868
Physiology - Professor David G Allen
T: +61 2 9351 4602
F: +61 2 9351 2058