Application process for electives
Before applying, please check if the dates and departments you are interested in are, in fact, available. Please send a quick email to .
- Application Form (attached)
- Application Fee Form (attached). For security reasons, do not send this document via email. Please fax or post only.
- CV (latest curriculum vitae/resume).
- Dean’s reference letter. A referral letter from the Dean of your university.
Once the application has been submitted, it will be assessed accordingly and you will be notified via email when your application has been processed. Please be patient during this period as some delays could occur (particularly due to the time differences).
The following mandatory documents need to be submitted to the Clinical School (at least six months) prior to commencement of elective. Failure to do so will result in the cancellation of the elective placement.
Please provide originals or certified copies (signed by the Dean of your Faculty with the University seal).
All documents must be dated within 12 months of the expected completion date. For example, if you plan to finish your elective on 30th November 2013, your documents must not be dated prior to 30th November 2012.
- Deans reference letter. The original letter from the Dean of your university.
- Criminal Record Check (CRC)
- Must be at least a state-wide (or province) CRC. Local county (or shire) do not suffice.
- Must be from the state/country in which you have spent the majority of the last 12 months. This would usually mean the state/country in which you study.
- If your CRC is not in English, it must be sent with a certified English translation.
- Medical Indemnity Insurance. Written proof of Public and Professional Liability Insurance cover (including medical malpractice) for the duration of elective placement. English version. You might like to apply with MIPS on http//www.mips.com.au/students-electives.htm
- Occupational Screening & Vaccination plus Medical Student Declaration - Occupational Screening and Vaccination Against Infectious Disease. It is NSW Government Law that all persons in contact with patients in a hospital have proof of vaccination (attached).
- Prohibited Employment Declaration – Child Protection (Prohibited Employmnet) Act 1998 (attached).
Fax: + 61 2 9767 6785
Concord Clinical School
Medical Educaton Centre (Building 26)
Concord Repatriation Hospital
Concord NSW 2139