COMPLETED EVENTS 2013
Events, Courses, Symposia & Conferences
Preventing the superbug apocalypse
When Wednesday 16th October 6-7:30pm
Where PricewaterhouseCoopers, Level10, Darling Park Tower 2, 201 Sussex Street, Sydney
Cost Free, please register here
ANTIBIOTICS – the great medical discovery of the 20th century – have produced a monster. The threat of antibiotic resistant bacteria is a global ecological problem with potentially catastrophic effects. A/Prof Tom Gottlieb will describe the worst case scenario and Prof Jon Iredell will outline the various solutions his research team are investigating in an attempt to avert disaster. Dr Kerry Chant, Chief Health Officer, NSW Health, is chairing the talks.
CIDM staff and students are welcome to attend the annual CIDM -PH Colloquium 2013
Date: Friday, 15 Nov 2013
Time: 9am - 2pm
Location: Lecture Theatre 3, Westmead Education and Conference Centre, Westmead Hospital.
RSVP & Enquiries: email
- 3rd - 4th The 9th Australian Influenza Symposium Sydney
- 16th Preventing the superbug apocalypse Sydney
- 17th - 19th ANZICS/ACCCN Intensive Care ASM Hobart
- 23rd - 25th Australasian Sexual Health Conference Darwin
- 31st - 2nd Mycology MasterClass VI Kingscliff
- 4th - 7th ASM-ESCMID Methicillin-resistant Staphylococci in Animals Copenhagen
- 5th - 6th International Sepsis Forum Rio
- 15th CIDM-PH Colloquium, 9am - 2pm, Lecture Theatre 3, Westmead Education and Conference Centre, Westmead Hospital.
RSVP & Enquiries:
- 22nd Healthcare Associated Infections - more new tricks for old dogs Sydney
- 28th - 29th Australasian Tuberculosis Conference Auckland