Events, Courses, Symposia & Conferences 2013
- 2nd Cynthia Whitchurch: Seeing is believing - novel bacterial biology revealed through advanced imaging techniques. Chair: Tony Cunningham, 12-1pm Westmead Hospital Lecture Theatre 1
- 5th MBI Colloquium Sydney
- 8th-11th AVS7 2013 Queenstown, NZ
Preventing the superbug apocalypse
When Wednesday 16th October 6-7:30pm
Where PricewaterhouseCoopers, Level10, Darling Park Tower 2, 201 Sussex Street, Sydney
Cost Free, please register here
ANTIBIOTICS – the great medical discovery of the 20th century – have produced a monster. The threat of antibiotic resistant bacteria is a global ecological problem with potentially catastrophic effects. A/Prof Tom Gottlieb will describe the worst case scenario and Prof Jon Iredell will outline the various solutions his research team are investigating in an attempt to avert disaster. Dr Kerry Chant, Chief Health Officer, NSW Health, is chairing the talks.
- 4th - 7th ASM-ESCMID Methicillin-resistant Staphylococci in Animals Copenhagen
- 5th - 6th International Sepsis Forum Rio
- 15th CIDM-PH Colloquium, 9am - 2pm, Lecture Theatre 3, Westmead Education and Conference Centre, Westmead Hospital.
RSVP & Enquiries:
- 22nd Healthcare Associated Infections - more new tricks for old dogs Sydney
- 28th - 29th Australasian Tuberculosis Conference Auckland