- Dr Albert S Mckern Travelling Research Scholarship
- Sydney Medical School Travelling Fellowships
- Postgraduate Student Conference Travel Grants
Established in 2009 by a bequest from Dr A S McKern to facilitate research into the cause, prevention and treatment of mental and physical pain and distress during pregnancy, labour and puerperium. In 2014 two travelling scholarships will be offered for the purpose of travelling between the University of Sydney and the University of Edinburgh and/or Yale University.
- Eligibility: Applicants must be a graduate of the University of Sydney, Australia or the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, or Yale University, USA and must be engaged in research related to the cause, prevention and treatment of mental and physical pain and distress during pregnancy, labour and puerperium
- Value: up to $15,000
- Further information: Two travelling scholarships will be awarded for 2013. Please see Terms and Conditions - PDF 14kB
- Closing date: 31 October 2013
Application form: How to apply - PDF
Sydney Medical School Travelling Fellowships are awarded for postgraduate study or research away from the Sydney Medical School. They are intended to help defray expenses incurred by travelling overseas or interstate for the purpose of postgraduate study or research. The Fellowships are not intended to fund attendance at conferences however a recipient may attend a conference while in receipt of a Fellowship. Applications should detail a substantial program of research and any conference attendance should not exceed 20% of the time spent engaged in research or related activities.
- Eligibility: Applicants must hold a degree from Sydney Medical School, or another Faculty of the University of Sydney, and must be either current staff (including title holders but not casuals) or enrolled students of Sydney Medical School. Staff and title holders must have been employed (or affiliated) for at least six months and enrolled students must have completed at least one semester of study with Sydney Medical School prior to the start of the study or research program for which funding is sought. The study or research must have relevance to the applicant's research program undertaken in Sydney Medical School.
- Value: Awards are offered up to a maximum of $5,000. The number of Fellowships offered and the value of the Fellowships shall be determined by Sydney Medical School depending on funds available.
- Further information: Successful applicants are not permitted to apply for another Travelling Fellowship within twelve months of receiving their initial award and may only be awarded up to two Travelling Fellowships within a five year period. Awards are made by the Dean of Sydney Medical School. Please ensure the Head of School (not Head of Department) approves the application, prior to formally submitting the application to the Medical School Office.
- Closing date: Applications can be submitted at any time throughout the year.
- Application and supporting documents
The following are required for all applications:
- application form - (Word)
- curriculum vitae
- list of publications
- full itinerary including any personal leave or conference attendance
- confirmation from host supervisor of your visit
- quotes for all itemised expenses
- disclosure of any funding which has been received/applied for in relation to this study program
- Email application form and supporting documentation to:
Ms Ancella Cheung
Sydney Medical School A27
Postgraduate Student Conference Travel Grants have been incorporated into the Postgraduate Research Support Scheme.
For further information please contact the office of the Associate Dean at your Clinical School, or find details on the Research Office site.