Essential information for Medical Program students
Insurance for students on work experience (including mandatory and extramural activities)
Medical students who are interested in broadening their clinical or research exposure by engaging in various work placements will be covered by the University of Sydney insurance policies provided:
- these activities are a formal course requirement OR are sanctioned by the Associate Dean of the student’s Clinical School (acting on behalf of the Dean)
- students are not employees or workers of the organisation they are placed with for the purposes of workers’ compensation legislation
For more information, please visit the Risk Management’s website:
MD and MBBS and concurrent enrollment in other degrees
Medical students wishing to enroll in studies outside of the medical program are required to discuss their intentions with the Sub-Dean (MD Research), Associate Professor Rebekah Jenkin, or her nominee, before submitting an application for concurrent enrolment in other studies and the MD.
View the School policy on concurrent degrees.
Support and contact links
- Student support, health and well-being
- The Office of Medical Education - responsible for the delivery, management and evaluation of the Sydney Medical School Medical Program and the coordination of a standard curriculum. Contact the Office of Medical Education for general enquiries about the Sydney Medical Program.
- Clinical schools
Links to useful organisations
- MedSoc (Sydney University Medical Society) - open to all current and former medical students
- MIRAGE (Multi-disciplinary Interest in Rural and general Health Education) - supporting students interested in rural career options
- SUSS (Sydney University Surgical Society)
- SUPRA (Sydney University Postgraduate Representative Association)
- SRC (Students Representative Council)