Research and Development Stream
The Research and Development Stream focuses on applied research relevant to population health and the delivery of health services in rural and remote settings. The stream specifically focuses on research that:
- Relates to remote and regionally specific issues;
- Relates to remote only populations; or
- Involves a remote component of a wider research and development issue.
Currently core research topics in this area include:
- The impacts of chronic disesase on rural communities
- Development and evaluation of the Broken Hill Environmental Lead Management Program
- The development and evaluation of effictive models of primary health care delivery in remote communities, with a focus on the interplay between the concepts of primary health care and systems.
- Primary Mental Health Service delivery in rural settings
- Workforce development