Research is a key and integral part of the Discipline of Emergency Medicine. It is being conducted by the discipline members, associated staff and students of the Sydney Medical School.
Research is important not only to showcase the talent within the discipline but also to answer vital questions of life and death in the ED. Our studies involve aspects of acute medicine, resuscitation, toxicology as well as pre-hospital ambulance data.
Students are encouraged to participate in research within the DEM and during their critical care rotations. Research can take many forms such as a formal study, audit or an independent learning project. Each year, an award is presented to the best research study conducted by a Sydney Medical School student within the DEM.
Our research links include:
- ACEM Academic EM Interest Group
- Emergency Care Institute
- Ambulance Research Institute
- ANZICS (Australia & New Zealand Intensive Care Society)
- ITIM: Institute of Trauma & Injury Management
- NSW Poisons Infomation Centre
- Sydney Institute for Emerging Infectious Diseases & Biosecurity
If any medical students are interested in research, be sure to Contact Us.