In essence, it's all about our students and what they want from our discipline. The abundance of learning opportunities and access to clinicians in the Emergency Department can be effective and rewarding.
Whether the student wants to see patients, learn procedures or discuss management, emergency medicine provides a wealth of clinical material. Educational opportunities include:
- history-taking and patient examination
- preparation for long and short case exams
- case presentations and management discussions
- experience with clinical procedures
- interpretation of laboratory investigations and imaging
- EdWise Simulation Program for students - hosted by the Sydney Clinical Skills & Simulation Centre