Our mission statement
We seek to enhance the health of individuals and the community by continuous improvement in the quality of general practice care. We aim to lead through excellence in health services research and evaluation, and in the development and implementation of systems to improve quality of care.
As a multidisciplinary team of research professionals, we will pursue these goals through:
- Rigorous study design and the collection of quality data
Application of advanced qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- Development and application of innovative research methodology
- Provision of expert advice on general practice research
- Broad dissemination of research results through publication and presentation
- Evaluation of therapeutic interventions in general practice
- Improvement and promotion of standardised coding and classification systems in
- Teaching and training in research methods across health disciplines at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
We will continue to work in a way which reflects our vision and our principles of intellectual integrity, scientific rigour, reliability, consultation and collaboration.