Mr Roger Corbett AO
Roger Corbett has been involved in the retail industry for over 40 years. In late 1984 Roger joined the Board of David Jones Australia as Director of Operations. In 1990 he was appointed to the Board of Woolworths Limited and to the position of Managing Director of BIG W Australia. Over the next 10 years Roger subsequently, in addition to his new role as Deputy Group Managing Director, held the positions of Managing Director – Retail, Chief Operating Officer and CEO-elect. On 1 January 1999, Roger was appointed Chief Executive Officer of Woolworths Limited. Mr Corbett retired as CEO and a Director of Woolworths Limited on 30 September 2006 but will continue to work with Woolworths in a consulting capacity until 2011.
In June 2003, Roger was awarded a Member in the Order of Australia (AM) and in June 2008, he was elevated to an Officer in the Order of Australia (AO) for “service to business, particularly through leadership and executive roles in the retail sector and a range of allied organisations, and to the community.”
Roger’s current Executive and Board responsibilities are:
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Reserve Bank of Australia
- Member of the Board of Directors of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Fairfax Media Limited.
- Deputy Chairman of PrimeAg Limited
- Chairman of the Council and Member of the Executive of Shore School
- Chairman of the Salvation Army Advisory Committee
- Member of the Board of Directors of Outback Stores (a joint venture with the Australian Government providing indigenous Australians in small outback communities with retail facilities)
- Member of the Dean’s Advisory Group, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the Australian Graduate School of Management, University of New South Wales
- Chairman of the Children’s Hospital of Westmead Advisory Board