Support Sydney Research
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO SUPPORT WORLD-CLASS RESEARCH AT SYDNEY MEDICAL SCHOOL
A message from the Dean
Sydney Medical School, with its affiliated hospitals, institutes and centres, has a large and diverse health and medical research portfolio, recognized around the world for its quality and impact.
Research is spread over more than 20 research institutes and centres and 10 campuses. The School has more than 1,300 active research staff and close to 1,000 higher degree research students.
Guided by its Scientific Advisory Committee, our Sydney Medical School Foundation has selected nine priority projects for fundraising that have the capacity to make major contributions towards the understanding and treatment of diseases that cause premature death or long-term suffering and disability.
I invite you to explore the opportunities presented here and consider how you can support us. I would be delighted to speak with you about how you can make a real difference with your gift.
Professor Bruce Robinson
Dean, Sydney Medical School
T +61 2 9351 6570
Our priority research projects
Click on each of the below links to learn more about our priority research projects.
- Infectious diseases - Tackling the “superbug” threat
- Adolescent depression - Detecting and controlling depression in adolescents
- Diabetes - Ground-breaking intestinal research
- Indigenous youth: Active involvement in their health and wellbeing
- Autism - Real hope for a better life
- Parkinson’s disease - Detecting Parkinson’s disease when it might still be curable
- Multiple sclerosis - Controlling multiple sclerosis by promoting nerve regeneration
- Heart disease - Can we improve survival after a heart attack?
- Gene identification - The implications for susceptibility to heart disease and diabetes