Suitable for both beginners and those who would like to refresh their knowledge and practical skills
Who offers the course?
- Level of assumed/required knowledge
- Course goals
- Course duration
- How is this course assessed?
- Can this course contribute to an academic degree?
- Course delivery
- Course cost
- Course dates
- Is this course accredited for CME points?
- Further information and enrolment
- Contact person/Course coordinator
- Last updated
This course assumes no prior knowledge of histotechniques and introduces the participant to the concepts of histology from the basics
Concepts covered during the lectures include:
- Fixation and processing
- Staining, both routine haematoxylin and eosin and special staining
- Correct use of the microscope
- Laboratory safety
- Trouble shooting
By the end of the course, participants should have gained practical skills in:
- Paraffin sectioning
- Routine and special histological staining
- Correct set up of the light microscope
The course is completed over two days and consists of a 1-hour lecture each morning followed by hands on practical sessions in the laboratory for the remainder of both days
Members of the Central Clinical School - $150.00
Members of the Bosch Institute - $180.00
Other members of the University of Sydney and associated institutes - $250.00
External participants - $500.00
All prices are Ex GST where applicable.
25 - 26 February 2013
27 - 28 February 2013
For further information visit the pathology website
Ms Sanaz Maleki
Histopathology Laboratory Manager
Room 575 (office) or Room 565 (lab)
Blackburn Building D06
University of Sydney NSW 2006
T: 02 9351 6152