Suitable for both beginners and those who would like to refresh their knowledge and practical skills
Who offers the course?
- Level of assumed/required knowledge
- Course goals
- Course duration
- How is this course assessed?
- Can this course contribute to an academic degree?
- Course delivery
- Course cost
- Course dates
- Is this course accredited for CME points?
- Further information and enrolment
- Contact person/Course coordinator
- Last updated
This course assumes no prior knowledge of histotechniques and introduces the participant to the concepts of histology from the basics
Concepts covered during the lectures include:
- Fixation and processing
- Staining, both routine haematoxylin and eosin and special staining
- Correct use of the microscope
- Laboratory safety
- Trouble shooting
By the end of the course, participants should have gained practical skills in:
- Paraffin sectioning
- Routine and special histological staining
- Correct set up of the light microscope
The course is completed over two days and consists of a 1-hour lecture each morning followed by hands on practical sessions in the laboratory for the remainder of both days
Members of the Central Clinical School - $150.00
Members of the Bosch Institute - $180.00
Other members of the University of Sydney and associated institutes - $250.00
External participants - $500.00
All prices are Ex GST where applicable.
February 24th and 25th 2014
February 26th and 27th 2014
Dated to be confirmed
Ms Sanaz Maleki
Histopathology Laboratory Manager
Room 575 (office) or Room 565 (lab)
Blackburn Building D06
University of Sydney NSW 2006
T: 02 9351 6152