Writing Publishable Original Research Articles for Biomedical Journals
Anyone who wants to improve their confidence and efficiency in writing original research articles for biomedical journals
Who offers the course?
- Level of assumed/required knowledge
- Course goals
- Course duration
- How is this course assessed?
- Can this course contribute to an academic degree?
- Course delivery
- Course cost
- Course dates
- Is this course accredited for CME points?
- Further information and enrolment
- Contact person/Course coordinator
- Last updated
Participants need to bring a set of analysed original research results that are ready to be written as a paper or an early draft of their manuscript in hard copy
By the end of this practical, hands-on workshop, participants will be able to:
- Decide on the overall structure of their manuscript
- Define their main message
- Craft a compelling introduction
- Compose a results section that speaks for itself
- Break down their discussion section into management chunks
- Use 5 essential writing techniques to promote flow and easy reading
9:00am - 5:00pm
While this course is not formally assessed, it is highly recommended that participants write up their manuscripts as soon as possible after the workshop and seek feedback from their research supervisors
Not directly however the skills learned will assist participants to publish the results from the original research done during their research training
Camperdown Campus of the University of Sydney - venue to be advised
No cost to staff and students of the Sydney Medical School
2014 dates are to be confirmed
To register, please email the course co-ordinator including your answers to the following three questions:
- Are you available to attend the full workshop?
- Do you or will you have an early draft of your original research manuscript or a set of analysed results to bring to the workshop?
- Will you provide at least 2 days notice if you cannot attend so that someone on the waiting list may be offered your place?
Associate Professor Amanda Sainsbury-Salis
The Boden Institute of Obesity, Nutrition, Exercise and Eating Disorders
T: 02 9036 3158