The first thing to do if you have received an offer to study with us is to accept it, as outlined in your letter of offer.

If you have done this already, go to our Enrolment Site which will take you though the enrolment process step.

How to prepare for enrolment

2015 Enrolment
All students must enrol online via their Sydney Student Portal
Enrolment for commencing postgraduate coursework students, and higher degree by research students commencing in Research Period 1 opens on Monday 1st December 2014.
Enrolment for higher degree by research students commencing in Research Period 2 opens on Monday 2nd February 2015.

Coursework Students
Consult the Faculty Handbook to make your unit of study choices.

Unit of study selection advice
Please contact your course team directly if you require help with your unit selections.
Course Contact List

Master of Public Health
Those students commencing the Master of Public Health in semester 2 should refer to the following advice

Clinical Epidemiology
Those students commencing a Clinical Epidemiology degree in semester 2 should refer to page 22 of the following Guide for further unit of study selection advice.

Note: Students undertaking the following programs: Public health, International Public Health, Reproductive Health Sciences and Human Genetics, STD/HIV, Clinical Epidemiology & Surgery; may be required to undertake PUBH 5018 – Introductory Biostatistics. Students who are not confident with their maths ability at the intermediate high school level are encouraged to undertake a Public Health Statistics bridging course in February.

Visit the Going to Uni Website and learn about payment options available to you.

Research Students
Masters of Philosophy students consult your Faculty Handbook to check which unit of study is compulsory for your degree.

Research students should visit the Information for Research Students page to learn about support available. It is also important that student familiarise themselves with the University's Codes of Conduct.

Masters and Doctor of Philosophy students should also contact their supervisor to:

  • inform them of your intended enrolment date
  • organise an induction
  • organise a start date after completing the enrolment.


Some Schools and Disciplines offer orientation for new students prior to or at the beginning of a new semester.
Schools and Disciplines should be contacted directly if information is not available below.

Deferral of commencement

If you have been given an offer of admission but can't enrol for the semester of the offer, you can apply to defer your enrolment until the next intake. Note that deferrals are not automatically granted, particularly for research applicants as the funds to support the research project may only be available for a limited period.

Domestic and International (Distance) Students:
Please submit your request for deferment via your Sydney Student Portal. Make sure to include a brief reason why you are asking for the deferral.

International Students (on campus):
Please submit your request for deferment via your Sydney Student Portal.

Otherwise International students in face-to-face courses including research degrees should follow the deferral instructions provided by the International Office.