How to find a research supervisor

Your application for admission to a research degree must include an Agreement of Supervisor form, so it is essential to find a supervisor before you submit your application.

Find a researcher

Sydney Medical School's Find a Researcher database is an excellent resource for information about researchers' current projects and areas of interest

Research Supervisor Connect

Research Supervisor Connect contains detailed information about supervisors and projects from disciplines, schools and associated research institutes of the University of Sydney.

You can search for research opportunities by keywords, including broad or specific areas of interest, supervisors’ names and names of institutes.

Opportunities that match your query will be displayed, containing links to more information about the project, the supervisor, the research location and related opportunities.

You can submit an enquiry for any listed project which will be directed to the relevant contact person. You can also submit a general enquiry.

Contact the postgraduate coordinator

You can also make contact with the postgraduate co-ordinator of the discipline in which you wish to study in order to discuss potential research topics, ensure that appropriate research facilities are available and to find out about potential supervisors with expertise in the relevant field.

Who is my postgraduate coordinator?