Donations and bequests
The Học Mãi Foundation needs on going support and funding from businesses and the community to ensure that the work can continue as effectively as possible.
You can help us by:
- Becoming a corporate partner
- Sponsoring a Vietnamese doctor
- Funding textbooks for the Vietnamese hospitals
- Sponsoring a Học Mãi event
- Making a donation to the work of the Học Mãi Foundation
- Making a bequest to the Học Mãi Foundation
As a developing country in transition, Vietnam is facing many unique healthcare challenges, and your support can help make a difference. Every $3,500 raised enables a Vietnamese Nursing or Medical student to complete a month-long placement at The University of Sydney, gaining invaluable skills and knowledge from our leading academics and practitioners. These placements create pathways for future collaborative research and opportunities for the next generation of potential leaders in the delivery of healthcare in Vietnam.
The Hoc Mai Foundation provided me with the incredible opportunity to study in Hue, Vietnam. I was exposed to many important aspects of medicine which are rarely seen in Australia and I was able to solidify my learning from back home. Through the support of Hoc Mai, my future career path has been further shaped by my newfound appreciation for the challenges encountered in delivering healthcare in low socioeconomic areas and developing countries. By supporting the Student Scholarship fundraiser, I will help create new learning opportunities and cross-cultural perspectives on healthcare delivery for Vietnamese students.
– 4th Year Sydney Medical School Student
Past recipients share their stories about the positive impact of our scholarship program. For more stories, please visit sydney.edu.au/medicine/hocmai/scholarships/toaustralia
To make a donation please complete the on-line Donations form.
Your donation can assist with:
- AU$500 will buy a reference textbook for our Vietnamese colleagues
- $AU1,000 affords yearly subscriptions to medical journals
- $AU3,500 to bring a Vietnamese medical student to study at the Northern Clinical School, University of Sydney
- $AU4,000 sends one student to Vietnam for a two-month study period
- $AU10,000 enables a Vietnamese doctor or allied health professional to come to for three months of specialist training
By making a bequest in your will, you are helping support the work of the Học Mãi Foundation.
Detailed information about making a bequest can be found here.
Contact Jason Dibbs for more details.