- Ghosh P: Prospects for pharmacological modification of joint breakdown in osteoarthritis: The biological perspectives. In: Osteoarthritis. (2nd Edition) Eds. Brandt K, Doherty M and Lohmander S. Oxford University Press, Chapter 11.2.1, 2003.
- Jackson C and Schrieber L: Angiogenesis in arthritis. In: Rheumatology. (3rd Edition) Eds. Hochberg MC, Silman AJ, Smolen JS, Weinblatt ME and Weisman MH. Mosby, Section VI: 76, 2003.
Short review articles, brief communications, letters, and invited symposia
- Briffa NK, Keogh AM, Sambrook PN and Eisman JA: Reduction of immunosuppressant therapy requirement in heart transplantation by calcitriol. Transplantation 75(12): 2133-2134, 2003. [abstract] [full text]
- Sitoh YY, Lau TC, Zochling J, Cumming RG, Lord SR, Schwarz J, March LM, Sambrook PN and Douglas ID: Proxy assessment of health related quality of life in the frail elderly. Age Ageing 32(4): 459, 2003. [Letter]
- Ghosh P: Osteoarthritis: 2002 and beyond. APLAR J. Rheumatol. 6: 83-88, 2003.
Full-length refereed papers
- Appleyard RC, Burkhardt D, Ghosh P, Read R, Cake M, Swain MV and Murrell GAC: Topographical analysis of the structural, biochemical and dynamic biomechanical properties of cartilage in an ovine model of osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 11(1): 65-77, 2003. [abstract] [full text]
- Arkell J and Jackson CJ: Constitutive secretion of MMP9 by early-passage cultured human endothelial cells. Cell Biochem. Funct. 21(4): 381-386, 2003. [abstract] [full text]
- Campbell S, Rowe J, Jackson CJ and Gallery ED: In vitro migration of cytotrophoblasts through a decidual endothelial cell monolayer: The role of matrix metalloproteinases. Placenta 24(4): 306-315, 2003. [abstract] [full text]
- Hunter DJ, March L and Sambrook PN: The association of cartilage volume with knee pain. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 11(10): 725-729, 2003. [abstract] [full text]
- Lord SR, March LM, Cameron ID, Cumming RG, Schwarz J, Zochling J, Chen C, Makaroff J, Sitoh YY, Lau TC and Sambrook PN: Differing risk factors for falls in nursing home and hostel residents who can and cannot stand unaided. J. Am. Geriatric Soc. 51: 1645-1650, 2003.
- Melrose J, Smith S and Ghosh P: Assessment of the cellular heterogeneity of the ovine intervertebral disc: Comparison with synovial fibroblasts and articular chondrocytes. Eur. Spine J. 12(1): 57-65, 2003. [abstract]
- Melrose J, Smith S, Ghosh P and Whitelock J: Perlecan, the multidomain heparan sulfate proteoglycan of basement membranes, is also a prominent component of the cartilaginous primordia in the developing human fetal spine. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 51(10): 1331-1341, 2003. [abstract] [full text]
- Naganathan V and Sambrook P: Gender differences in volumetric bone density: A study of opposite sex twins. Osteoporosis Int. 14(7): 564-569, 2003. [abstract] [full text]
- Parker D, Hwa S-Y, Sambrook P and Ghosh P: Estrogen replacement therapy mitigates the loss of joint cartilage proteoglycans and bone mineral density induced by ovariectomy and osteoarthritis. APLAR J. Rheumatol. 6: 116-127, 2003.
- Sambrook PN, Hughes DR, Nelson AE, Robinson BG and Mason RS: Osteocyte viability with glucocorticoid treatment: Relation to histomorphometry. Ann. Rheum. Dis. 62(12): 1215-1217, 2003. [abstract]
- Sambrook PN, Kotowicz M, Nash P, Styles CB, Naganathan V, Henderson-Briffa KN, Eisman JA and Nicholson GC: Prevention and treatment of glucocorticoid induced osteoporosis: A comparison of calcitriol, vitamin D plus calcium and alendronate plus calcium. J. Bone Miner. Res. 18(5): 919-924, 2003. [abstract]
- Shen B, Melrose J and Ghosh P: Induction of matrix metalloproteinase-2 and -3 activity in nucleus pulposus cells grown in three-dimensional agarose gel culture by interleukin-1beta: A potential pathway of disc degeneration. Eur. Spine J. 12(1): 66-75, 2003. [abstract]
- Shen B, Shimmon S, Smith MM and Ghosh P: Biosensor analysis of the molecular interactions of pentosan polysulfate and of sulfated glycosaminoglycans with immobilized elastase, hyaluronidase and lysozyme using surface plasmon resonance (SPR) technology. J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal. 31(1): 83-93, 2003. [abstract]
- Wilson SG, Reed PW, Bansal A, Chiano M, Lindersson M, Langdown M, Prince RL, Thompson D, Thompson E, Bailey M, Kleyn P, Sambrook P, Shi M and Spector TD: Comparison of Genome screens for two independent cohorts provides replication of suggestive linkage for bone mineral density to 3p21 and 1p36. Am. J Human Genet. 72(1): 144-155, 2003.
- Xue ML, Thakur A, Willcox MDP, Zhu H, Lloyd AR and Wakefield D: Role and regulation of CXC-chemokines in acute experimental keratitis. Exp. Eye Res. 76(2): 221-231, 2003. [abstract] [full text]
Refereed full-length conference papers
- Oakley SP, Szomor Z, Ghosh P, Portek I, Lassere MN, Kirkham BW, Murrell GAC and Appleyard R: Reduction in collagen organization and stiffness during early state osteoarthritis: A study in sheep. Trans. Orthop. Res. Soc. 49th Annual Meeting 2003. [submitted].