- Melrose J, Smith S and Ghosh P. Chapter 3 Cartilage Histology and Immunohistology. In Cartilage and Osteoarthritis: Volume 2 Structure and In-vivo Analysis. Pastoureau P, Ceuninck FC, Sabatini M. (Eds), Humana Press, Totowa, NJ, (publication date July 2004).
- Melrose J, Smith S. Chapter 4 Histochemical demonstration of the cartilage hyaladherins using a biotinylated hyaluronan oligosaccharide bio-affinity probe. In Cartilage and Osteoarthritis: Volume 2, Structure and In-vivo Analysis. Pastoureau P, Ceuninck FC, Sabatini M. (Eds), Humana Press, Totowa, NJ, (publication date July 2004).
- Melrose J, Whitelock JW. Chapter 467 Extracellular Matrix. In Encyclopedia of Biomedical Engineering. Akay M. (Ed), John Wiley and Sons Ltd, New Jersey, USA, 2004.
- Whitelock, JW, Melrose J. Chapter 28 Adhesion of cells to Biomaterials. In Encyclopedia of Biomedical Engineering. Akay M. (Ed), John Wiley and Sons Ltd, New Jersey, USA, 2004.
Full-length refereed papers
- Buisson-Legendre N, Smith S, March L and Jackson C: Activated protein C (APC) is elevated in rheumatoid arthritic synovial joints and correlates with matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2). [[i||Arthritis Rheum]. [in press].
- Campbell S, Rowe J, Jackson C and Gallery EDM: Cellular interactions between co-cultured decidual endothelial cells and cytotrophoblasts from pre-eclamptic pregnancies. [Published online ahead of print March 17, 2004. Biol Reprod 2004, 10.1095/biolreprod.103.026716.]
- Chen JS, March LM, Schwarz J, Zochling J, Makaroff J, Sitoh YY, Lau TC, Lord SR, Cameron ID, Cumming RG and Sambrook PN: A multivariate regression model for predicting falls in residents living in intermediate hostel care. J. Clin. Epidemiol. 2004 [in press].
- Cohen A, Sambrook P and Shane E: Management of bone loss after organ transplantation. J. Bone Miner. Res. 2004 [in press].
- Galettis A, Campbell S, Morris JM, Jackson CJ, Twigg SM andGallery EDM: Monocyte adhesion to decidual endothelial cells is increased in pregnancies complicated by Type 1 diabetes but not by gestational diabetes. Diabetes Care [accepted 4th July 2004].
- *Janusz MJ, *Little CB, King LE, Hookfin EB, Brown KK, Heitmeyer SA, Caterson B, Poole AR and Taiwo YO: Detection of aggrecanase and MMP-generated catabolic neoepitopes in the rat iodoacetate model of cartilage degeneration. [in press: Osteoarthritis Cartilage] *These authors contributed equally to this work.
- McGregor AJ, Andrew T, Sambrook PN and Spector TD: Structural, psychological and genetic influences on low back pain and neck pain: a twin study. Arthritis Care Res. 51: 160-167, 2004.
- Qi W, Poronnik P, Young B, Jackson C, Field M and Pollock C: Human cortical fibroblast responses to high glucose and hypoxia. Nephron [in press].
- Sambrook PN, Chen C, March LM, Cameron ID, Cumming RG, Lord SR, Zochling J, Sitoh YY, Lau TC, Schwarz J and Seibel M: Serum parathyroid hormone predicts time to first fall independent of vitamin D status in a frail elderly population. J. Clin. Endocr. Metab. 89: 1572-1576, 2004.
- Sambrook PN, Chen C, March LM, Cameron ID, Cumming RG, Lord SR, Zochling J, Sitoh YY, Lau TC, Schwarz J and Seibel M: Serum parathyroid hormone is associated with increased mortality independent of 25 hydroxy vitamin D status, bone mass and renal function in the frail very old: a cohort study. J. Clin. Endocr. Metab. [in press].
- Sambrook PN, Geusens P, Ribot C, Solimano JA, Ferrer-Barriendos J, Gaines K, Verbruggen N and Melton ME: Alendronate produces greater effects than raloxifene on bone density and bone turnover in postmenopausal women with low bone density. J. Intern. Med. 255: 503-511, 2004.
- Sambrook PN, Rodriquez JP, Wasnich RD, Luckey MM, Kaur A, Meng L and Lombardi A: Alendronate in the prevention of osteoporosis: 7 year follow-up. Osteoporosis Int. 15: 483-488, 2004.
- Xue M, Thompson P, Kelso I and Jackson C: Activated protein C stimulates proliferation, migration and wound closure, inhibits apoptosis and upregulates MMP-2 activity in cultured human keratinocytes. Exp. Cell Res. [in press].
- Zochling J, Nguyen T, March L and Sambrook PN: Quantitative ultrasound measurements on bone, measurement error, discordance and their effects on longitudinal studies. Osteoporosis Int. 15: 619-624, 2004.
Full-Length refereed conference Papers
- Little CB, Meeker CT and Fosang AJ: Generation of mice with aggrecan resistant to cleavage at the major MMP-site. Trans. Orthop. Res. Soc. 29: 107, 2004.