Website Usage and Copyright Information
From Faculty of Medicine Online Museum and Archive
The University strives to keep information stored on this server up to date, but does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information. Any errors in the information that are brought to our attention will be corrected as soon as possible. The University reserves the right to change at any time without notice any information stored on this server.
The University of Sydney provides links to a number of external websites via this website. Monitoring and reviewing content of these third party external websites is not the responsibility of the University of Sydney nor does the University of Sydney endorse, approve or recommend the content, owners or operators of websites and applications available through this website.
The University accepts no liability for any loss or damage a person suffers because that person has directly or indirectly relied on any information stored on this server.
The University of Sydney owns the copyright in the information provided on this site, unless stated otherwise.
Material on this site is subject to copyright under Australian law and through international treaties, applicable law in other countries.
Individuals may copy a reasonable portion of the material on this site under the fair dealing provisions of the Copyright Act 1968 provided it is used for research or study or for criticism or review. Educational institutions may reproduce limited amounts of material from this site under Part VB of the Copyright Act.
Apart from these specified uses material from this site may not be reproduced for commercial purposes without prior written permission of the Sydney Medical School. Please contact Dr Lise Mellor.
When using material from this site, please include the words 'courtesy of the Sydney Medical School'. Please state the provenance and copyright of the image, text, video or audio. If you have a query as to the holder of copyright, please contact Dr Lise Mellor.
In the instance where the Sydney Medical School attributes provenance of material to another holding (such as the University of Sydney Archives) please contact the external holding directly for permission to use the image, where possible.
Submitting photographs to Medical Mosaic - Sydney Medical School Image Library
We welcome your donation of photographs and images to Medical Mosaic - Sydney Medical School Image Library. By submitting a digital photograph to the Sydney Medical School, you implicitly give the Sydney Medical School the right to:
- Use the photo on its websites or in its publications at the discretion of the Sydney Medical School.
- Manage the distribution of the image to outside parties who wish to use it for educational or research purposes.
- Manage the distribution of the images to outside parties deemed reasonable and appropriate by the Sydney Medical School.
- Retain your own right to use the image for your own purposes without needing consent from the Sydney Medical School.
Submitting audio visual material to the Sydney Medical School Media Bank
We welcome your donation of relevant audio visual records to our collection. By submitting audio visual material to the Sydney Medical School, you implicitly give the Sydney Medical School the right to:
- Use the material on its websites or in its publications at the discretion of the Sydney Medical School.
- Manage the distribution of the material to outside parties who wish to use it for educational or research purposes.
- Manage the distribution of the material to outside parties deemed reasonable and appropriate by the Sydney Medical School.
- Retain your own right to use the material for your own purposes without needing consent from the Sydney Medical School.
Citation and attribution of provenance and/or copyright
- At all times, we strive to attribute correct authorship and provenance to written material on this website and we ask that anyone using written material from this website does the same.
- At all times, we strive to attribute the photographers name and copyright (if relevant), provenance of photographs and video on this website and we ask that anyone using visual material from this website does the same.
- In the instances where the photographer or artist is unknown it will be stated as such.
Image subject information
- We endeavor to provide all names of subjects in our photographs. However, there are numerous photographs that we have collected over the years where the caption information is incomplete. If you are able to assist us by providing missing caption information please contact Dr Lise Mellor.
Reporting copyright infringements & problems
The University of Sydney is committed to upholding the rights of copyright owners. If you believe that copyright material is available on the University of Sydney network in such a way that it constitutes a copyright infringement or a breach of a contract or licence, please notify us using the Comments and Feedback form.