Dr Stephen Fuller
Head of Academic Pathology, Lecturer Medicine
Stephen is a Clinical Haematologist at Nepean Hospital and is responsible for investigating and treating outpatients and inpatients with a range of malignant and non-malignant Haematological disorders. In addition to Clinical Haematology, Stephen is qualified in Laboratory Haematology and is the Head of the Flow Cytometry Service at Nepean.
Stephen is the senior Haematology academic at Sydney Medical School, Nepean and is University Chair of Haematology, Stage1, Block 4, Teaching.
1. Biology of the ATP-gated, cation-selective, P2X7 receptor and significance to human infectious, malignant and autoimmune diseases.
2. The genetics of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia.
PhD and Masters Projects:
1. P2X7 receptor splice variants: role in malignant disease
2. P2X7 receptor and HLA-G shedding: role in autoimmune and malignant disease
3. P2X7 receptor and innate immunity: role in host-response to Toxoplasma gondii (in collaboration with Professor Nick Smith, University of Technology, Broadway campus)
4. Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia: genetic association studies and familial linkage studies
Graduate Medical Program Honours Projects:
1. Clinical audit
2. Blood Bank audit
Dr. Stephen J. Fuller
Phone: +61 2 4734 2599