Clinical elective applications
Clinical elective applications are considered on the basis of previous training. Only students in the final stages of study will be considered. Owing to a large number of applicants, we cannot accept students who have arranged placements at other institutions in Australia if the combined attachments exceed eight weeks.
Email Denise Thornhill with a list of your preferences to secure your place and a provisional booking for your elective and a single room on campus will be held for a limited time. It is recommended you organize all documentation outlined in the checklist provided below as early as possible to allow sufficient time for processing your application.Original documents must be received prior to your arrival.
It is the responsibility of the overseas applicant to contact their nearest Australian Mission with respect to visa requirements. We recommend that you apply for your visa promptly as approval can take considerable time.
It is assumed that overseas elective students will have a basic proficiency in English before commencing an elective attachment.
Checklist for elective application
Originals (or certified copies) of ALL of the forms are required before a student will be allowed to begin an elective placement.
To request application forms apply to:Executive Officer: Denise Thornhill
Please make sure the information we receive is clear, legible, and complete. Documents that are not written in English need to be accompanied by a certified translation.
- Application form
- Enrolment form
- Prohibited employment declaration form
- Vaccination declaration form
- A recent letter of recommendation from a senior Medical School member of your school
- Written proof from your university or other appropriate body that you are covered by insurance for public and professional liability (including medical malpractice) while doing your elective in Australia.
- Criminal record check
- must be dated within 12 months of the last day of your elective (for example, if you complete your elective on 28/08/2011, your CRC must not be dated prior to 28/08/2010).
- must be at least a state-wide (or province) CRC.
- must be from the country in which you have spent the majority of the past 12 months.
- Curriculum vitae and passport photo
Please provide a brief, one page curriculum vitae. Scanning and emailing a photograph is acceptable.
Please direct any concerns you may have regarding clinical electives at Nepean clinical school to Denise Thornhill.