Medical School News
- NHMRC grants total more than $61 million
- School academic receives funding for international research project from IPDF
- ARC Grants announced: $38 million to Sydney researchers
- University of Sydney linkage grants
- School academic investigates frogs and fungal skin infections
- Concord Hospital teaching facilities get funding boost
- World-first pain strategy
- New NHMRC Better Health Grants announced
- Health system held to ransom by a doctors' racket
- Postgrad medical training needs overhaul
- University of Sydney ranked in world top 20 for Life Sciences & Biomedicine
- Obesity: is the food industry part of the problem or the solution?
- 'Bread and butter' solution to iodine deficiency
- BMRI scientists awarded for imaging technology
- Associate Professor Peter Liu awarded the Young Andrologist Award 2010
- Professor Stephen Leeder awarded 2009 Public Health Association of Australia Sidney Sax Medal
- ASMR request for assistance in averting cuts to government investment in the NHMRC
- ARC Future Fellowships for Dr Hunter and Associate Professor Latimer
- Time to rebirth Medicare?
News from the Research Institutes
- The George Institute: Research findings confirm aggressive kidney treatments not justified
- The George Institute: Major health initiatives receive funding from Australia's National Health and Medical Research Council
- Centenary Institute scientist awarded prestigious RPA Medal
- The George Institute: Four out of 10 chronic back pain sufferers will recover within a year
- The George Institute: Young drivers have 40% reduced risk of crash due to school driver education program
- The George Institute: Back pain unlikely symptom of serious disease
Stephan Rössner MD PhD is Professor of Health Behaviour Research, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden, and Director of the Obesity Unit at Huddinge University Hospital. His research is focused on life style matters and long term obesity treatment strategies. He will be presenting a seminar on 28 October at 4pm in the Kerry Packer Education Centre Auditorium at RPAH. More
Look at the events listing to see what's going on in the Medical School.
If you have an upcoming event, please so that we can include it in our events listing.