Medical school and health news
- Greatest challenges facing healthcare - Postgraduate Roundtable Event
- Warming up before flu vaccine could boost effectiveness
- Why do some heavy drinkers get liver cirrhosis and some don't?
- Root cause of dental phobia
- Asian origins of Machado-Joseph disease revealed
- A cure for all ills of the pharmaceutical benefits scheme
- Novel partnership could transform breast cancer diagnosis
- Problems with TGA transparency says study
News from the Research Institutes
- Centenary Institute: Revealing the cells that make and police our 80,000 km internal transport network.
- Centenary Institute: An Australian scientist will bring effective screening for tuberculosis (TB) a step closer with his latest study in Vietnam- where he now lives and works.
- Centenary Institute: A $1.2 million high-containment laboratory opening today in Sydney will allow researchers to double their efforts to understand and fight back against TB, a bacterium that lives inside two billion people worldwide and kills three people every minute.
- Centenary Institute:Searching rural China for clues to stop an ancient and still deadly disease
- Centenary Institute: US Government backs Centenary liver study of heavy drinkers