Dr Adie Poe
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Kolling Institute of Medical Research, Northern Clinical School
My academic and research experience have provided me with a diverse background in the fields of psychology, behavioral pharmacology, neuroanatomy, and in vitro physiology. I strive to meaningfully contribute to human health through the development of novel pain therapies, and the training of future scientists.
My current research interests include the cellular and molecular mechanisms of opioid/cannabinoid drug interactions, and the cellular adaptations that occur during opioid tolerance.
Teaching and supervision
- Cannabinoid modulation of pain relief in during opioid tolerance
- Adaptations to synaptic transmission during opioid tolerance
- Australian Course in Advanced Neuroscience
- International Narcotics Research Conference
Awards and honours
- Cannabinoid modulation of neurotransmission during morphine tolerance; Poe A; National Institutes of Health (USA)/Research Support.