Associate Professor Deborah O'Mara
Associate Professor / Assesment
Office of Medical Education (OME), Sydney Medical School
|Telephone||+61 2 9036 6428|
Recent Conference presentation include the following:
- AMEE, Prague (August 2013) presented a paper on MMI reliability at AMEE and was invited to participate in opening plenary..
- ANZAHPE, Melbourne (June 2013) with the lecturer in Assessment, persented a Rasch pre-conference workshop at ANZAHPE and also presented a paper on MMI evaluation and ran a discussion session on Standard setting at ANZAHPE.
- AMEE Vienna 2011 Poster: A Cluster analysis of medical student characteristics and practice intentions (selected in top 10 out of 700 posters)
- ANZAHPE Alice Springs 2011 Presentation: 1) AMSAC What do the differences mean? 2) The Medical Schools Outcomes Database (MSOD) and rural medical workforce planning
- Attended Harvard Macy Workshop in March 2011: A Systems Approach to Assessment in Health Science Education
My research interests include assessment in medical education, standard setting, rasch scaling and longitudinal analysis of medical students from selection to post-graduation.
Chief Investigator of an MSOD project: Cluster Analysis of the MSOD database - a national longitudinal database of medical students.
Teaching and supervision
Measurement of clinical reasoning
- Cluster Analysis of MSOD Database; O'Mara D; Medical Deans Australia and New Zealand Incorporated/Medical Deans Outcomes Database (MSOD).