Dr Michael Lovelace
Anatomy & Histology, School of Medical SciencesResearch Fellow, Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine and Cell Biology
|Telephone||+61 2 9351 6553|
Awards and honours
2013– Finalist in the Australasian Society for Stem Cell Research “Small Objects, Big Impact” Image Competition. Images selected for public exhibition at Questacon, National Science and Technology Centre, Canberra
2013 – First prize in the National Health & Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Science to Art Prize
2013– Joint 3rd Prize Winner, Centenary Institute Scientific Image Award
2013 – Top 10 Finalist and highly commended award, Australia Museum New Scientist Eureka Prize for Science Photography
2012– Top 20 Finalist (2 images) and 9th prize winner, Bosch Institute Advanced Microscopy Facility Micrograph of the Year competition
2012– Top 5 Finalist, Centenary Institute Scientific Image Award
2011– Highly commended award in the Bosch Institute Advanced Microscopy Facility Molecular Probes Image Prize
2011– Highly commended award in the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Science to Art Prize
2010– Awarded 2nd prize in the Bosch Institute Advanced Microscopy Facility Micrograph of the Year competition
2010– Awarded 2nd prize in the Mater Medical Research Institute Stem Cell Symposium poster competition
2010– Awarded the Charles D Kelman Postdoctoral Scholar Award (International Retinal Research Foundation, USA)
2009– Awarded the Dintenfass Memorial Plaque for most interesting or innovative Rebecca Cooper Medical Research Foundation research grant proposal
- La Vision BioTec Ultramicroscope; Murphy C, Braet F, Byrne M, Chan-Ling T, Fraser S, Goldsbury C, Halliday G, Hambly B, Johnstone D, Keay K, Lovelace M, Lyons G, Mason R, Overall R, Owens T, Richardson D, Stone J, Weiss A; National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC)/Equipment Grants.
- Leica PowerMosaic plus microsope upgrade for flexible, high-resolution slide scanning; Gamble J, McCaughan G, Feng C, Fazekas B, Weninger W, Shackel N, Bertolino P, Lovelace M, Saunders B, Armati P, Pollard J, Pai S, Arnold J, Triccas J, Goldsbury C, Bailey C, Mrass P, Rasko J, Biro M; National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC)/Equipment Grants.
- Wide field super-resolution microscopy with ground state depletion - Exploring nanoscopic life in chronic diseases; Braet F, Weiss A, King N, Dos Remedios C, Traini D, Graeber M, Murphy C, Grau G, Soon L, Newsome T, Goldsbury C, Lovelace M, Gorrell M, Pollock C; DVC Research/Equipment Grant.
- An investigation of purinergic nucleotides in directing the differentiation of human neural precursor cell populations: application to cell therapy for Parkinsons disease.; Chan-Ling T, Lovelace M; Rebecca L Cooper Medical Research Foundation/Equipment Grant.
- Elucidating the role of astrocytes in glaucoma; Chan-Ling T, Lovelace M; International Retinal Research Foundation/Charles D Kelman Postdoctoral Scholar.
- A live cell imaging-based investigation of novel physiological functions of neural stem cells; Chan-Ling T, Lovelace M; Rebecca L Cooper Medical Research Foundation/Equipment Grant.