Dr Sonia Yip
Oncology Translational Research Fellow
NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre, Sydney Medical School
|Telephone||+61 2 9562 5345|
|Fax||+61 2 9562 5094|
Sonia Yip is the Oncology Translational Research Fellow and Manager at the NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre, Sydney Medical School. She works with 5 national oncology co-operative trials groups designing, developing and implementing biological/ranslational studies as part of investigator-initiated clinical trials.
Sonia is also Senior Translational Research Fellow of Sydney Catalyst Translational Cancer ResearchCentre, working in Bench to Bedside translational research (T1-2).
- Adjuvant chemotherapy with gemcitabine and cisplatin compared to observation after curative intent resection of cholangiocarcinoma and muscle invasive gallbladder carcinoma (ACTICCA-1 Trial); Shannon J, Goldstein D, Merrett N, Maddern G, Sjoquist K, Samra J, Tebbutt N, Yip S; Cancer Australia/Priority Driven Collaborative Cancer Research Scheme.
- B-PPAE - Biobanking-patient & healthcare professional attitudes & experiences; Yip S; University of Sydney - Sydney Catalyst Translational Cancer Research/Research Grant.
- VERTU – VEliparib, Radiotherapy and Temozolomide trial in Unmethylated MGMT Glioblastoma; Khasraw M, Simes R, Rosenthal M, McDonald K, Koh E, Ashley D, Buckland M, Barnes E, Goh C, Yip S; Cancer Council New South Wales/Priority-driven Collaborative Cancer Research Scheme.
- LC-PLAT - Lung Cancer Cohort - A Platform to Study Serial Biospecimens And Matched Clinical Data; Yip S; University of Sydney/Sydney Catalyst.
- The Sydney Cancer Conference 2014 Bridging Research and Practice - Ian Potter Foundation Conference grant; Yip S, Reid G; Ian Potter Foundation/Travel Support.
- REZOLVE: A Phase II study to evaluate the safety and potential palliative benefit of intraperitoneal bevacizumab in patients with symptomatic ascites due to advanced chemotherapy resistant gynaecological cancers; Sjoquist K, Friedlander M, Quinn M, Bowtell D, Mileshkin L, Shannon C, Martyn J, Yip S; Cancer Australia/Priority Driven Collaborative Cancer Research Scheme.
- Technical services of a genomic cancer clinical trial initiative (GCCTI) to develop mutation-specific cancer clinical trials protocols; Stockler M, Simes R, Vachan B, Sjoquist K, Lee C, Yip S, Evans A; Cancer Australia/Request for Tender.
- Biobanking Stakeholder Network (BSN) Pre-Operative Consent Project; Yip S, Hawkins N, Miller D, Horvath L, Kench J, Brown S; Cancer Institute New South Wales/Community of Practice.
- The biological basis of success or failure to the anti-VEGF agent, bevacizumab in patients with recurrent glioblastoma; Simes R, McDonald K, Brown C, Yip S; Cancer Council New South Wales/Research Project Grants.
- Personalising care in resectable pancreas cancer. GAP-T: a study of imaging and molecular biomarkers to guide treatment of patients receiving preoperative chemotherapy followed by surgery.; Barbour A, Goldstein D, Goldstein D, Kench J, Yip S, Mead S, Brown C, Chang D; National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC)/Project Grants.
- DOCetaxel with or without radiation Therapy for resectable Oesophageal adenocarcinoma based on early PET Response to induction chemotherapy (DOCTOR); Goldstein D, Brown C, Yip S, Barbour A; National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC)/Project Grants.