Our postgraduate coursework degree programs are supported and developed in collaboration with a team of Australian and international academic clinicians and researchers including neuroscientists, anaesthetists, pharmacologists, oral surgeons, clinical psychologists, psychiatrists, nurses, physiotherapists and research personnel. All are widely experienced in pain management.
Our team of local and international content experts are widely published in the pain management field. A selection of their recent publications are listed below.
Dr Ghauri Aggarwal
- Cheung, W., Aggarwal, G., Fugaccia, E., Thanakrishnan, G., Milliss, D., Anderson, R., Stock, D., Bird, H., Tan, J., Fryc, A.C. (2010). Palliative care teams in the intensive care unit: a randomised, controlled, feasibility study. Critical Care Resuscitation, 12(1):28-35. [More Information]
Professor Ali Asghari
- Nicholas, M., Asghari, A., Blyth, F., Wood, B., Murray, R., McCabe, R., Brnabic, A., Beston, L., Corbett, M., Sherrington, C., Overton, S. (2013). Self-management intervention for chronic pain in older adults: A randomised controlled trial. Pain, 154(6), 824-835. [More Information]
- Wood, B., Nicholas, M., Blyth, F., Asghari, A., Gibson, S. (2013). Catastrophizing Mediates the Relationship Between Pain Intensity and Depressed Mood in Older Adults With Persistent Pain. The Journal of Pain, 14(2), 149-157. [More Information]
Ms Lee Beeston
- Nicholas, M.K., Asghari, A., Corbett, M., Smeets, R.J., Wood, B.M., Overton, S., Perry, C., Tonkin, L.E., Beeston, L. (2012). Is adherence to pain self-management strategies associated with improved pain, depression and disability in those with disabling chronic pain? European Journal of Pain, 16(1):93-104. [More Information]
- Molloy, A.R., Nicholas, M.K., Asghari, A., Beeston, L.R., Dehghani, M., Cousins, M.J., Brooker, C., Tonkin, L. (2006). Does a combination of intensive cognitive-behavioral pain management and a spinal implantable device confer any advantage? A preliminary examination. Pain Practice, 6(2):96-103. [More Information]
Dr Helen Boocock
- Boocock, H., Vickers, E.R. (2009). Management of trigeminal neuralgia and its atypical variant. Medicine Today, 10(11): 14-22.
Professor Herta Flor
- Klinger, R., Colloca, L., Bingel, U., Flor, H. (2014). Placebo analgesia: Clinical applications. Pain. 155(6):1055-1058. [More Information]
- Flor, H., Diers, M., Andoh, J.A. (2013). The neural basis of phantom limb pain. Trends in Cognitive Science. 17(7):307-8. [More Information]
- Flor, H., Diers, M. (2007). Limitations of pharmacotherapy: behavioral approaches to chronic pain. Handbook Experimental Pharmacology. (177): 415-27. [More Information]